You are here
About Our Client
Our client is a leading, global E&M company focused on creative innovation for the logistics and manufacturing industry, modernized advancements, and sustainability to empower the production and manufacturing sector.
- Prepare daily procurement of parts and materials for maintenance department.
- Prepare bidding documents, including notice and instruction to bidders, and specifications for the maintenance department's annual bid.
- Analyze quotations and make recommendations regarding awarding of contracts.
- Confer with supplier representative to ensure full understanding of bid requirements and to keep familiar with new or revised products, price changes, or other information that could materially affect the purchasing of items.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other departments to locate necessary goods and services.
- Initiate contact with vendors to check on supply and equipment availability, invoices, purchase orders, and contracts.
- Work cooperatively with district personnel to determine appropriate specifications, sources, availability, pricing, shipping, and receiving.
- Prepares formal invitations for bids and requests for quotations, including required special terms and conditions, performance, and technical criteria.
- Corresponds and communicates with suppliers and departments regarding services and complaints.
- May be required to perform the functions of the lower level classes in this series.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to County employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field, Supply Chain, Procurement, Business etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Industry experience: petrochemical, refinery, oil/gas
- MS Office Suite capabilities, eProcurement, SAP
- Strong cognitive and communication skills
- Background experience with inventory control and understanding of procurement systems
What's on Offer
Competitive offer based on experience.