You are here
Product Development Engineer
Newly Created Opening
Leading Medical Device Client
About Our Client
Leading Medical Device Company. Recently expanded its US headquarters by 14,000 sq ft, record profitability last year
- This position entails quoting, product development, tooling and fixture design, process development, supplier selection/management, product testing, and documentation generation.
- Must possess strong project management, analytical, and communication skills along with an aptitude for hands on problem solving.
- Establish costs for new products and evaluate how changes affect costs.
- Provide guidance to customers as necessary and appropriate.
- Design robust, cost effective tools / processes and oversee prototype fabrication.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, inspection protocols, work instructions, process control documents (Flow Chart, Control Plan, pFMEA, FAI, PPAP, etc...), and other documentation as necessary in conjunction with applicable team members.
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to customers and / or management when necessary.
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- Work closely with the manufacturing engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Model Shop, Customer Service, and Logistics departments to produce products at the highest quality level in a timely manner.
The Successful Applicant
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with 3-5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General Metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties a plus.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary, bonus, full benefits and relocation if necessary