You are here
Product Manager - CPG/Industrial
USD100,000 - USD110,000
- Huge opportunities for growth with a fortune 500 business.
- Company with a rich history has successfully grown every year for a decade.
About Our Client
Our client is a highly successful fortune 500 business looking to grow it's product management function with the addition of a product manager to their team.
- Work cross functionally to champion development and execution of strategic and competitive vision.
- Identify new business needs, as well as growth opportunities. Define and develop associated investment plans through cross functional collaboration.
- Coordinate market and competitive intelligence. Collect, analyze and effectively communicate market trends, customer demands and competitor strategies.
- Visit customers, trade associations and customers to understand current trends and competitive challenges
- Develop and execute 1-3 year product development roadmap for product line growth and profitability.
- Work with Business Development, Sales and R&D to define needs for next generation products.
- Manage the allocation of technical resources to the most impactful projects.
- Manage all aspects of new product launches.
- Work with finance and sales to develop new product/customer quotes.
- Manage pricing strategies and monitor channel conflict.
- Champion cost reduction projects to reduce margin erosion on mature products.
- Keep abreast of changes in equipment/process technology to improve cost position.
- Work closely with Supply Chain function in order to understand raw material trends.
- Determine clear product positioning and communication strategies. Manage product positioning vehicles, including website, tradeshows, direct mail, advertising, sell sheets, research and presentations.
- Lead cross-functional team to bring solutions to chronic quality and services issues.
- Work with commercial, operations and supply chain team to define service requirements.
- Help in setup of new or modified products including defining packaging requirements and art work.
- Support daily tech service and sales needs.
- Work with the sales leaders to manage top targets through the CRM system.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field required; Master's or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in Product Management, Finance and/or Sales preferred
- Thorough knowledge of marketing research, marketing strategy, and new product development techniques
- Understanding of analytical tools to benchmark customer and market needs and relate them to existing operational infrastructure
- Ability to design and translate effective strategies and tactics to the commercial teams
- Capability to build and foster excellent rapport with Sales and Marketing teams
- Team player with ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to travel extensively required (20-40%)
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package attached.