You are here
Product Manager - Electrical Components
Historic business with a rich history.
Leading product lines in the market with a great company reputation.
About Our Client
Global leader in electrical power and materials, The company designs innovative solutions to address specific needs to enable them to optimize their manufacturing process in sectors such as electronics, transportation, energy , chemical, pharmaceutical industries.
- Work cross functionally to champion development and execution of strategic and competitive vision.
- Identify new business needs, as well as growth opportunities. Define and develop associated investment plans through cross functional collaboration.
- Coordinate market and competitive intelligence. Collect, analyze and effectively communicate market trends, customer demands and competitor strategies.
- Visit customers, trade associations and customers to understand current trends and competitive challenges
- Develop and execute 1-3 year product development roadmap for product line growth and profitability.
- Work with Business Development, Sales and R&D to define needs for next generation products.
- Manage the allocation of technical resources to the most impactful projects.
- Manage all aspects of new product launches.
- Work with finance and sales to develop new product/customer quotes.
- Manage pricing strategies and monitor channel conflict.
- Determine clear product positioning and communication strategies. Manage product positioning vehicles, including website, tradeshows, direct mail, advertising, sell sheets, research and presentations.
- Lead cross-functional team to bring solutions to chronic quality and services issues.
- Work with commercial, operations and supply chain team to define service requirements.
- Help in setup of new or modified products including defining packaging requirements and art work.
- Support daily tech service and sales needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred; Master's or MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Product Management or Sales preferred
- Thorough knowledge of marketing research, marketing strategy, and new product development techniques
- Understanding of analytical tools to benchmark customer and market needs and relate them to existing operational infrastructure
- Ability to design and translate effective strategies and tactics to the commercial teams
- Team player with ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to travel extensively required (20%)
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package attached