You are here
Global Leading Speciality Chemical Manufacturing Company
Excellent Career opportunity with growing company
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading specialty chemical manufacturers
The Production Planner will responsible to lead the production planning processes utilizing an integrated forecasting, production planning, and distribution system to determine production requirements. The Production Planner will develop process optimization projects and the implementation of cost reducing methods considering the commercial and logistic targets of the company. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Lead time and capacity scheduling; sequence planning and fine scheduling; batch size & mix planning
- Visualization of critical logistic processes in production, to assure an effective and efficient flow of goods in compliance with all regulations.
- Confirm raw material availability to produce products
- Optimization of the production planning according to the following aspects: Customer requirements and Production process planning
- Optimizing inventory levels, as low as possible while guaranteeing high level of availability.
- Determine safety stock levels
- Ordering and scheduling of goods from European affiliates.
- Distributing goods to regional warehouses throughout USA.
- Working with Sales and Marketing area to obtain forecasts, identify trends, etc.
- Must successfully complete D.O.T. Awareness Training
- Coordinate any standard operating procedure documents across sites
- Support the creation of training material for all planning related roles
- Serve on project team for SAP implementation projects within the NAFTA region
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of production and material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Constant travel required
- Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook, and SAP
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience in handling a budget plan and productivity indicators
- Flexible and able to deal with rapidly-changing situations
- Team oriented, experienced in communication, coordination and chairing of meetings
What's on Offer
- $55,000 - $70,000
- Target bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid vacation and holidays