You are here
Production Plant Manager
Leading Global manufacturer and supplier of specialty chemicals & Additives
Excellent Leadership career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of specialty chemicals & Additives that is heavily investing in growth
The Production Plant Manager will be responsible to manage production, maintenance, engineering, EHS and act as the senior executive for a site with several functions reporting to functional heads in a matrix organization. The Production Plant Manager will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing. Day to day responsibilities for the Production Plant Manager include the following:
- Provide leadership and vision to the production, maintenance, engineering, and EHS department managers ensuring safe, compliant, and cost effective operations.
- Use resources and assets to meet the market demand and enable the site to support new product introductions.
- Keep production site compliant with OSHA Process Safety Management regulations and ensure HAZOP recommendations are satisfied and maintained with preventative maintenance schedule to verify interlock effectiveness.
- Seek technological advances to increase reliability and improve the unit cost position.
- Develop capital project plans and oversee project execution.
- Coordinate with departments based on-site reporting to functional heads such as production planning, finance, customer service, warehouse and logistics, laboratory services, and HR.
- Foster a spirit of cooperation amongst all employees on site and serve as the senior executive authority in case of a dispute as the person responsible for employee welfare on site.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, regulations and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Manage the talent pool under your direct control and make organization structure adjustments as necessary to optimize the operation.
- Develop department budgets and operates within budgets.
- Ensure the site is trained to respond to emergencies using the Incident Command system.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and ensure discipline is fairly administered to all employees.
- Ensure root cause investigations are performed as needed, corrective actions are performed, and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- BS/BA Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing operations preferably in a chemical plant
- Competent on standard computer programs such as MicroSoft Office, SAP experience desireable
- Strong interpersonal skills - positive attitude, stress tolerant, able to inspire others.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and environmental regulations as applied to a chemical production facility, as well as the incident command system.
- Knowledge of factory costing models, budgets, and cost control.
- Experience with capital project costing and project execution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
What's on Offer
- $160,000 - $180,000 annual base salary
- Performance Target Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation & Holidays