You are here
- Largest packaging company in the world seeking - Production Supervisor
- Join one of the fastest growing business units under the global umbrella
About Our Client
My client is recognized as the premier supplier of sterilisable medical device packaging. From packaging design through to validation they serve the global medical device market from 15 manufacturing sites. All plant quality systems are ISO 9000 registered and in compliance with cGMPs. U.S. plants are accredited to the ISO 13485 medical device quality management standard.
- Production Supervisor ensure safety is the number one priority and is not compromised by any other objective.
- Complete all disciplinary notices in accordance with company policies and bargaining contract
- Required to utilize technical expertise to troubleshoot process and quality problems and coordinate efforts with other departments (Quality, Maintenance, etc)
- Production Supervisor assists machine operators with troubleshooting, minor repairs and parts ordering if needed.
- Identify training requirements for the department and work in conjunction with the Operations Manager to implement departmental training
- Make decisions regarding cross-checking standards book; make run decisions for shifts
- Track down missing information on jobs by checking specs, history files, computers, or other co-workers involved.
- Maintain efficiency by reduction in downtime, increase outputs, waste reduction, etc.
- Maintain communication with technical staff and other departments as well as assisting PPD with trials when needed
- Assist maintenance and monitor PM's
- Monitor and maintain housekeeping throughout the manufacturing areas keeping the 5S principles in mind.
- Scheduling of shifts/machines
The Successful Applicant
- 5-7 years experience with printing, coating, and slitting preferred
- A firm understanding of safety principles
- Ability to supervise co-workers and lead and motivate staff toward success and fosters high co-worker productivity and morale.
- Ability to be consistent with all co-workers, whether it is regarding a disciplinary action, work ethics or company policies.
- Ability to rotate hours for off shifts.
- Preference for a candidate that has supervised within a Union environment
- Education and Certifications
- 4 year technical degree with printing and coating knowledge is preferred
Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt a plus
What's on Offer
At this time I am representing a multinational packaging company with operations across 31 countries. Due to growth, my client seeks to hire their next 2nd shift Production Supervisor to support the growth of their Milwaukee plant. In 5 years this unit has gone from $25M to double in revenue. They are integrating new technologies and equipment in 2017 which is expected to further increase their footprint. Demonstrated success driving/implementing efficiencies, KPI's and metrics are necessary
- BRAND NEW ROLE - open due to growth - Seeks a 2nd shift Production Supervisor for their Milwaukee facility.
- This is a union environment.
- Open to a Production Technician with strong leadership experience
- This site produces medical packaging (flexible, bandages, etc)
- Role reports to the Operations Manager
- Plant runs 3 shifts, this is a 2nd shift position - hours 3pm - 11pm
- Would like to see someone with a focus on safety, discipline and documentation
- Facility has almost doubled in size - from $25M - $40M in 5 years