You are here
USD55,000 - USD65,000
Growing Food Company
Take your career to the next level
About Our Client
Family owned an operated organization looking for a dynamic Production Supervisor to help grow their business in the NJ Market
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Manages the Maintenance programs for all production equipment
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensuring the Production efficiencies, Labor efficiencies, Recovery Yield, FTQ (First Time quality) standards are attained.
The Successful Applicant
- 5 Years of relevant food manufacturing experience with 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Grain industry experience a plus but not required.
- Thorough understanding the HACCP / HARPC and food safety.
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Lean Reliability, SPC.
- Mechanically inclined individual, who is ok with running the maintenance program.
- Understanding of SAP preferred but not required.
- Quality focused individual.
- The person should be fine with working the lines if required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Bilingual (Spanish) Required.
- Previous experience in drafting SOP's and other training documents.
- Working knowledge of CPI Methodologies.
- Understanding of GFSI standards (SQF - Level 3, FSSC-22000, standards)
- Thorough Understanding of cGMP's in Food industry.
What's on Offer