You are here
Global Insurance Firm
Located in Jersey City
About Our Client
My client, a global insurance firm, is located in Jersey City.
- Processes all Premium and cash activity for assigned programs.
- Interacts with the units Underwriters to verify premium and commission data.
- Prepares monthly journal entries as directed by management.
- Updates premium receivables for all assigned programs.
- Processes cash received monthly and apply to the open premium receivable balances.
- Follows up with third parties regarding status of open balances.
- Processes, prepares and reviews reinsurance statements monthly.
- Processes all reinsurance related cash activity and update applicable sub-ledgers.
- Prepares and reviews monthly reconciliation of sub-ledgers to general ledger .
- Corresponds with brokers on discrepancies regarding premiums, cash payments, commission differences etc.
- Assists in the preparation of manual adjustments for quarter closing process.
- Assists in the production of quarterly P&Ls for the respective business assigned.
- Handles all special projects as assigned by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Finance/Accounting required
- 5-7 years experience in Insurance or Reinsurance industry is essential
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Knowledge of Great Plains General Ledger strongly preferred
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
My client, is offering a competitive base and bonus plus room to grow in a global Insurance Firm.