You are here
Program Director - New Product Development & Introduction
- Market leader in the industrial/commercial electronics manufacturing industry
- Program Director Of New Product Development, Introduction & Manufacturing
About Our Client
Located near the Syracuse, NY area - our client is public, multi-billion dollar organization that manufactures commercial/industrial electronics. Currently experiencing a lot of growth, this industry leader is looking to add some phenomenal talent during this exciting time!
The Program Director - New Product Development & Introduction-Manufacturing will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate as part of the New Product Development leadership team to envision, establish, improve, operate and maintain the product development system for the business.
- Lead and direct project management, tooling/equipment procurement, design for manufacturability and integration activities for all new product development initiatives.
- Challenge team assumptions, offer alternatives and drive toward optimum solutions.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Product Development and Plant Operations to develop annual capital budgets and implementation strategies.
- Cooperate with functional stakeholders executing the new product development process including enhancements and line extensions.
- Lead, coordinate and manage special and key programs in support of our overall manufacturing strategy including product transfers, feasibility studies, make versus buy analyses, capacity studies/improvements including tooling and machinery procurement/dispositions.
- Work with Plant Operations and Purchasing as needed to improve operations and reduce overall operating costs including procurement of replacement and/or new tooling, molds, fixtures, test stands, assembly cells, major equipment and other special processes as well as developing off-shore tooling sources and sub-contract manufacturing.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Program Director - New Product Development & Introduction-Manufacturing will have the following background/experience:
- Bachelor of Science Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical field, is required. A Masters Degree is preferred.
- 10 plus years of program management, new product launch experience, and operational experience in a discreet industrial manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience in a high volume retail environment is preferred
- Must be well versed in the areas of quality, lean, design for manufacturing, tooling, equipment and supply chain
- Knowledge of metals, plastics, fabrication and various production & assembly methods is required
- Industrial Engineering and Project Management experience required
- Experience working with offshore suppliers and supply chains is preferred
- Product design experience is a plus
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Must be able to achieve program goals through influencing other cross functional team members and various key stakeholders.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Deep knowledge of Lean principles and tools is required.
- Must have a basic understanding of financial concepts
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive compensation, really great benefits and unlimited opportunities for career progression!
RELOCATION is also available for candidates who are not local!