You are here
Fantastic opportunity to play a crucial role for a rapidly growing GC!
Previous experience in construction accounting required.
About Our Client
Our client has been a acknowledge player in the Chicago market for a long time but has lately seen massive growth. In 2016, they managed to almost double their revenues, going from around $85 million to over $150 million today - and the projects keep coming in! With this, they are also expanding their team(s). Their projects involve everything from high-end interior work to $60 mil ground-up constructions. You will be involved in projects ranging from large and small and work closely with senior leadership.
They take on a very modern approach to their business and make sure that each and every employee is and feels valued. As an employee, you have the option of both flexible hours and work from home options. On top of that, they offer very competitive packages, which includes high bonuses and regular reviews. They have offices both downtown Chicago as well as in the suburbs - work out of whichever suits YOU best!
If you are tired of just being a number in a cubicle and want the opportunity to make a difference and be involved in the overall well-being of your company, this is the opportunity for you.
This role will be as autonomous as you want it to be. They highly encourage as much participation as possible from their employees. If you want to be involved in more projects - great! With that said, typical duties that would be part of this role include:
- Review and enter subcontract agreements
- Enter and maintain change order documentation
- Prepare monthly pay requests (Billings)
- Manage and communicate job cash flow
- Analyze job cost and identify problems
- Record cost transfers in accounting software
- Maintain bond information request forms
- Assist in job closeout process
- Manage subcontractor payment distribution
- Assist Project Manager in identifying the need for additional services
- Issue project performance reports
- Advise project team of accounting procedures and policies
- Review owner contracts to ensure all terms and requirements are being met
- Contribute to accounting team meetings with knowledge sharing and process improvement ideas
The Successful Applicant
With this company, personality and drive is key. They are looking for future leaders, people who want to keep the company growing and increase their own responsibilities with time. Basic requirements to be considered:
- BA in Accounting or related field from a 4 year accredited collage
- 2+ years of accounting experience working for a General Contractor or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook; proven Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think analytically and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay
- High bonuses
- Regular reviews to ensure career growth
- Flexible hours
- Work from home
- Clear path towards leadership within the company