You are here
Project Accountant - Construction
Viewpoint by Vista Software Experience Essential
Position Reports Directly to the CFO
About Our Client
The Project Accountant - Construction will work with a Well-Established Construction Company located in the suburbs of Baltimore, MD. This Construction Company work with Universities and Colleges as well as Healthcare Centers and large Multi-Unit Residential Complexes.
- Process customer payments as well as monitor accounts to ensure timely collection
- Assist in the monthly financial close process including preparing journal entries
- Prepare various monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in managing the CME (current month estimates) process to keep projects on budget.
- Monitor the project's key performance indicators.
- Prepare additional ad hoc job cost reports as required
- Assist in developing internal financial processes and maintain documentation
- Review project startup sheets for completeness as well as prepare project incentive schedules
- Responsible for entering all project-related financial information into the accounting system to ensure timely and accurate job cost information. This includes initial contract setup, and owner and subcontractor change orders
- Ensure compliance with agreements associated with projects, including compliance with any financial reporting requirements.
- Initiate the project closeout process.
- Attend project kickoff and closeout meetings as the financial/accounting subject matter expert
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders, contract modifications, and approvals.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Subject
- Viewpoint by Vista Accounting Software Experience Essential.
- Construction Accounting Experience Essential
- AP, AR, GL and Project Cost Accounting process knowledge.
What's on Offer
The opportunity to progress one's Accounting and Finance career within one of the most well-established Construction Companies in the Baltimore MD area. The Project Accountant - Construction will enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus eligibility, 401K, health insurance and other additional benefits. If you are interested, please apply below.