You are here
Project Accountant - Construction
Core Part of a Specialist Project Accounting Team
Reports to the CFO
About Our Client
Well-Established Construction Company located near Wellesley, MA.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Prepare all invoice packages containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup (such as lien waivers & COIs) for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Submit finalized invoices.
- File consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, Subcontractor invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Perform the accounts payables. Keep track of subcontract contract amounts, change order amounts and make payments under the direction of PIC. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues and work with the PM to resolve.
- Work with the cash and credit card receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash and credit cards.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly Accounts payable, receivables reports and monthly profitability reports. Review account totals related to project assets and expenses. Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC.
- Review weekly time sheets under the direction of the HR manager.
- Work with subcontractors to receive required paperwork in a timely fashion, invoices, proof of insurance and lien waivers.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 3 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in A/E environment.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
What's on Offer
The Project Accountant - Construction will enjoy the opportunity to progress their accounting and finance career within a specialist project accounting team. The Project Accountant - Construction will receive a competitive base salary, bonus eligibility, 401K plan, health insurance and additional benefits. If you are interested, please apply.