You are here
Project Accountant - Construction
Work on site in Boston at a Multi-Hundred Million Dollar Project
Manage the entire project
About Our Client
The Project Accountant - Construction will work for a multi-million dollar general contractor that is well-established in the Northeast market. The office itself is on site in Boston working directly with site staff and other sub-contractors. If you are interested, please read the job description and apply.
- Provides financial leadership for project-based construction operations.
- Coordinates with internal and external project team, including the Client and Architect, to develop parameters for financial management, record keeping and reporting.
- Establishes accounting and internal control systems, practices and procedures to assure contractually compliant and legal project accounting.
- Produces accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Company policies, team-set requirements and U.S. GAAP
- Prepares project operating plans and forecasts along with quantitative and qualitative variance analysis for Project Executives and Managers.
- Prepares financial reporting for inclusion in construction progress reports.
- Coordinates with Company Project Executives, Managers and Superintendents; Subcontractor Management; and other parties to assure continuous compliance with financial components of the Prime Contract and subcontracts.
- Identifies and informs Company Project Executives and Senior Management of financial issues and consults with appropriate parties to resolve same.
- Trains or participates in the training of Company and/or assigned project accounting staff
- Supervises the work of assigned project accounting staff.
- Participates in job performance reviews as appropriate.
- Makes staffing recommendations.
- Provides financial planning and analysis for projects in the development pipeline.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience in the construction industry, preferably for a general contractor.
- Experience with project accounting, overhead, and cost coding.
- Experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Process weekly payroll time sheet entry and collection for job-site.
- Preparation and submission of timely and accurate billing reconciliations to job cost.
- Strong working knowledge of Lien Laws and procedures.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with Timberline/Sage software is highly desirable.
- Experience with PM Web software is a plus.
What's on Offer
The Project Accountant - Construction will enjoy the opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious construction companies in the New England area. You will enjoy a strong base salary, bonus eligibility, 401K plan, health insurance and PTO schedule. If you are interested, please apply.