You are here
Project Accountant - Construction
Global Construction and Design Company - Expanding Project Accounting Team
Ecletic Client and Project Base - Multi-Hundred Million Dollar Projects
About Our Client
Our client is an international design firm with offices all over the world but their regional office is in Downtown Washington D.C. They boast multiple Fortune 500 clients from an array of different sectors. While becoming one of the leading design firms in the world, they are extremely client focused and dedicated to local presence. If interested, please apply.
You will be responsible for supplying a foundation of analysis for the business practices by managing contracts, ensuring fiscal health of assigned projects, and mentoring and supporting the project management and office leadership.
- Work closely with your internal clients -- Project Managers and Studio Directors-- to ensure accurate and consistent billing and financial reporting at the project and studio levels.
- Proactively develop new ideas and solutions to improve financial management.
- Review project work plans, budgets, and staffing plans for fee alignment.
- Maintain organized project contract files, understand contract terms as they relate to fee management.
- Assist Project Managers in performing project start-up due diligence and following Firm best practices throughout project life cycles.
- Provide accurate invoices to clients per contract terms; coordinate consultant invoices and payments per contract terms.
- Regularly review project labor and expense charges with project managers for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Forecast actual vs. budget spending and analyze projects to provide actionable insight to project and office leadership.
- Monitor studio accounts receivable and assist project managers with collection efforts.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on variety of metrics at the studio level to ensure healthy business practices; become the studio leader for matters related to finance.
- Provide training to project managers regarding financial maintenance of projects
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Deltek software experience.
- Construction, development or architecture industry experience preferred.
- Ability to interact with Project Managers and Directors.
What's on Offer
The Project Accountant - Construction will enjoy multiple benefits including a Base Salary, Bonus, Healthcare Coverage, 401K Plan, Stock Options amongst other benefits. If interested, please apply.