You are here
Project Accountant - Property and Construction
Premier Real Estate and Construction Management Company
Multi-Billion Dollar Project Portfolio
About Our Client
The company is a Property Development and Construction Management client located in Washington DC. Easy access from D.C, VA and MD.
- Assist Development and Construction Management staff with the purchasing, invoicing and change order management for soft and hard costs procurement..
- Monitor and report on numerous projects (budgets vs actuals) including monthly project results, compliance reporting, and accounting document control
- Coordinate with Construction Managers, Senior Executive Personnel on project by project basis to maintain accurate accounting and analyze variances and discrepancies
- Support Development and Construction Managers in monthly financial reporting and forecasting
- Manage month-end closing and prepare detailed account analysis and reports
- Development of internal financial controls to meet reporting and submission deadlines
- Ensure project budgets are in line and communicating with the staff to resolve issues
- Assist Development and Construction Managers with review of contractor, vendor and consultant invoices, ensuring compliance to contract terms.
- Assist Accounting department with invoice, change order, and budget tracking and processing.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related subject preferred.
- Construction Software Experience and MS Skills essential.
- Construction cost and project accounting experience preferred.
- AIA construction billing documents, cash flow analysis, account reconciliation experience essential.
- Strong communication skills needed.
What's on Offer
The Project Accountant - Construction will enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus eligibility, health insurance coverage, 401K plan and additional benefits. This opportunity represents the chance to grow within an established organization that has won awards for employee reviews and satisfaction. You will get exposure to working with a variety of sub-contractors and industry experts - if you are committed to the Construction and Development sector as your career path then this opportunity would certainly be the right one for you. If interested, please apply below.