You are here
Project Controls Specialist
Work with a globally leading professional services firm
Clear growth path towards senior leadership within few years
About Our Client
With over 200 locations worldwide, surpassing 50,000 professionals employed, our client is without a doubt a giant in the professional services industry. They provide their clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural, and construction delivery. They are consistently placed among the top companies in categories such as Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
They take their time to invest in employees and make it a point to work with the absolute best of the best. With a demonstrated commitment to providing their employees with an inclusive environment and meaningful work, they are able to make lasting contributions and foster unmatchable career growth.
This position reports directly to the Project Controls manager, and will serve as the managers number two out of their Chicago office, aiming to eventually take on the manager role themselves. As the right hand person for the manager, the duties will be varied and include, but not limited to:
- Develop project budgets, work plans, and schedules
- Track and monitor commitments, expenditures, and productivity
- Analyze and forecast estimates to complete, commitments, project cost, cost coding
- Regular reporting to senior management
- Assist Project Managers with Operational Project Reviews
- Assist Project Managers with quarterly forecasts
- Involvement in the development of the schedule for mainly engineering
- Review, process and track sub consultant invoices on various projects
- Perform risk analysis on cost and schedule and recommend usage of contingency.
- Provide support for project pricing
- Assure change management systems and processes are implemented and followed.
- Produce various planning and scheduling reports and analysis
- Printing and distribution of technical and administrative reports, assembly of monthly report packages
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should posses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Cost Management, Project Management, or Engineering
- 2+ years' experience in project controls and/or project accounting required
- Previous experience working on construction/engineering projects preferred
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office tools. Proficient Excel skills are a must.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and a desire to work with details.
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- Work with a globally leading corporation
- Clear growth path mapped out from day 1