You are here
Project Design Engineer
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role
- Aerospace experience preferred
About Our Client
- Oversee the entire product life cycle.
- Establish and coordinate the activities to follow the product from design through risk assessments and compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the step by step progress of the project and prepare detailed observation reports to ensure project conformity to initial design.
- Assure product conformance through the creation of standard work and implementation of verification and validation processes.
- Produce models and drawings consistent with product requirements, guidelines, and standards.
- Verify drawings for clarity and completeness.
- Work collaboratively with both Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to identify improvements to designs.
- Work with suppliers to determine best design practices and components.
- Perform required calculations and analysis as necessary including stress analysis (FEA) to verify robustness, dimensioning and tolerance to verify fit and form, design failure effect analysis(DFMEA) to predict potential failures before they occur, and design for manufacturability.
- Communicate with customers in the form of quotations, meetings, and presentations to understand and define their needs.
- Maintain project files and resource materials such as drawings, instruction manuals, test data, design criteria, and specifications.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of the design and use of RTD, Thermocouples, Speed Sensors, and Pressure Sensors.
- Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns, and provide project status.
- Ability to make technical presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in solid modeling and related analysis software.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Publisher, & Power Point).
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in cross-functional teams.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Exposure to electromagnetic/magnetic circuits a plus.
- Background in Aviation Industry a plus.
- Understanding and experience in Principles of Lean and Mistake Proofing a plus.
- MasterCam experience a plus
- B. S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years design engineering experience or practical training is required.
- 5+ years in Aerospace industry
- Aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) cable, wiring harness and/or sensors knowledge a plus.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving.
- Manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
Competetive base + benefits