You are here
National Developer Seeking Experienced Project Engineers
Multifamily GC Experience Preferred
About Our Client
My client is a fully-integrated national real estate developer. They develop, build, manage, and operate all of their communities, and have properties in 15 states across the US. They are a nationally-ranked top developer, and focuses their market strategy on a long-term investment model (build-to-own as oppsed to build-to-sell). Their pipeline for this year is in excess of $7B nationwide.
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site.
- Works to ensure construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to.
- Inspects construction site daily and works with contractors to schedule deliveries.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used construction management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Reviews construction documents for problems and conflicts.
- Updates and monitors all construction documents with changes.
- Inspects and thoroughly walks site looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and reports all unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifies dimensions, cleans beam bottoms, checks cable chairs, verifies proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensures work progress of subcontractors and that reports are accurately completed. Submits daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Helps create, distribute and manage punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Complies with all Company safety policies.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related study is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in construction is required; preferably multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of PC and construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof your own work and the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license.
- Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay
- Substantial amount of projects in the pipeline
- 401k + healthcare
- Home purchasing assistance/apartment discounts when available