You are here
Promising Career as a Project Engineer
Project Engineer for Construction General Contractor
About Our Client
Project Engineer needed for large construction company looking to expand. With near 50 years of experience, their projects range from athletic facilities to hotels to charter schools and commercial. Project size range from 4-50 million and include 'Ground-up', 'Tenant Improvement' and 'Rehab' across the greater San Francisco area. Strong reputation in market consisting of strong relationships with clients, in addition to promoting from within.
Project Engineer in San Francisco for General Contractor with the following responsibilities..
- Review plans, specifications, and client requirements
- Initiate RFIs to resolve issues in the field, plan discrepancies, and constructability issues
- Process, review, and track submittals
- Review design and shop drawings to evaluate the impact on the cost, constructability, and schedule
- Prepare Subcontractor scope of work letters
- Initiate change orders to the Owner and solicit bids from Subcontractors
- Perform estimates and compile cost breakdowns for the client to review
- Maintain procurement, submittal, and RFI logs
- Provide schedule assistance and track daily production
- Coordinate correspondence between the design and construction teams
- Project Engineers assist in all aspects of construction.
- Responsible for coordinating between the Construction office and field staff, subcontractors, architects, and clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure all parties on a construction project are working as one to deliver a high quality finished product.
The Successful Applicant
Project Engineer in San Francisco for General Contractor with the following criteria..
- Bachelor's degree in Construction related field
- 2 years of construction experience required, 4-5 years is preferred
- Knowledge of construction techniques and proper scheduling of subcontractors work is essential
- Excellent math skills and computer literacy is a must
- Must have leadership and problem solving ability
- Strong sense of urgency
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy, solid math skills and basic ability to read blueprints are all required
- Proficiency in construction software - Bluebeam, Primavera, and Timberline preferred
What's on Offer
The Project Engineer for this construction client will receive the following offer..
- Competitive Base Salary
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Gas Card
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Company paid Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Paid Holidays