You are here
Project Field Accountant
Searching for future leaders within the construction industry!
Ideal for candidates with 1-3 years experience with construction accounting.
About Our Client
With over a century of experience, our client has become a household name in the construction industry. They work on astonishing project across all industries including health care, automotive, commercial, public sector, and many many more.
Although they have seen fantastic growth over the past years, just recently passing $1 billion in revenues, they have still maintained a "family feeling" within their company. Even though you will be part of one of the largest contractors in the Midwest, you will still receive the care of a smaller sized firm with regular company outings and activities!
Over the next few years they are putting a lot of time, money, and energy into expanding their operations in the Midwest. With this, new teams will form and operations will open up in new locations. This will present you with the opportunity to rocket launch your career as they will be looking for new leaders and managers, and are heavily focused on promoting from within.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Payroll data entry
- Basic general ledger accounting
- Cost accounting
The candidate may report administratively to Project Managers(s) or Manager of Project Administrative as well as functionally to Corporate Supervisor of Accounting Services - which will require strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Typical duties for this role include:
- Handle a wide variety of situation and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the project and/or business unit. Perform any administrative functions to provide efficiency and continuous work flow to facilitate operations.
- May direct and/or prepares project payroll for craft personnel on local jobs.
- Completes project activities related to accounts payable, client billings, project cost reports, equipment rental, and expendable material purchases.
- Responsible for gathering information for Project Manager(s) to analyze and bill for extras.
- Maintains liaison with project and corporate management to insure all accounting related activities support the construction schedule, cost report formats, and client requirements.
- Performs any additional duties as directed by Project Manager(s), Accounting Manager, or Operation Manager(s).
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 1-3 year's accounting experience for a construction company
- Solid knowledge in Excel (Pivot tables, vlookup, etc)
Aside from technical skills, they are looking for a person with a high ethical standards, honest, a good team player, and overall an outgoing personality. The communication part of this job is fairly significant and you will be briefing with PM's daily, so solid relationship building is key.
What's on Offer
- Work with the best in the industry
- Lots of career advancement opportunities available
- Competitive pay and benefit packages
- Fun office! Plenty of social outings, including pub night, pool tournaments and much more!