You are here
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Commercial Construction Project Management
Senior role overlooking multiple projects
About Our Client
Our client is a mid-sized general contractor west of Boston who focus on both commercial and residential construction throughout the Greater Boston Area. They are an award winning firm who works with many of the top designers and architects in the area. They are currently looking to bring on a project manager with significant experience in commercial construction. Experience in medical offices is ideal, but not required.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submits verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work
The Successful Applicant
Have a degree as well as several years of experience working as a Project Manager within a General Contractor or Construction Management firm. Able to run a project independently within budget and time frame. To reiterate, any experience within medical or commercial office construction (ground up and/or renovations) would be ideal but is not a requirement.
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary and strong benefits package is on offer for the selected candidate.