You are here
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
International Commercial Construction company in need of Project Manager
Project Manager working on high rise project in Los Angeles
About Our Client
Our client is an international general contractor that specializes in commercial construction. They are known across the United States and in Asia for building malls, theatres and retail spaces. They have been in business for 80 years and are not only well known for their projects in the industry, but also for treating their employees with respect and advancement of careers.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager who can:
- Keep project on schedule
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing success
- Oversee and monitor of all construction activitie
- Negotiates contracts for owners and subcontractors.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Create, implement and manage the critical path schedule with the Superintendent
- Develop and maintain good relationship with Owner, Architect and Subcontractors
- Work with Superintendent to develop safety plans and to implement safety procedures
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting to management
- Manage a positive relationship with the team and the stakeholders; Collaboratively solve problems daily with Subcontractors and Design Team
- Oversee the budget
The Successful Applicant
The Project Manager must have a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture. The client is looking to hire someone with at least 5 plus years of managing construction projects, with 2 of those being either a Assistant Project Manager and field construction management experience Candidate must have strong work ethic, communication skills and extensive knowledge of the construction industry. The PM must have a track record of finishing projects on time and managing a team.
Additional requirements: excellent computer skills, Microsoft Offices, PM software, track record of managing large budget projects and strong leadership capabilities.
What's on Offer
The client offers a very competitive base pay for the right Project Manager. In addition to the base salary, there is a bonus package, health benefits for the employee and family, cell phone reimbursement, gas mileage reimbursement, sick days, and free breakfast in the office every Monday.