You are here
Project Manager - Commercial General Contractor
Opportunity to join an established commercial general contractor
Excellent long term career options and a great benefits package available
About Our Client
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Project Manager to join a 90 + year established General Contractor as they go through a growth phase.
Ideal for Lead Project Managers with experience in retail, K-12 or assisted living projects at a minimum of $20 Million.
Working together with the Superintendent, you will collaborate at the pre-construction phase of your project to ensure the scope is clearly set and the subcontractor teams are in place.
During building, you will be responsible for the following:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
The Successful Applicant
Candidates applying for this position MUST have the following in order to be considered:
- Experience as the LEAD Project Manager on projects of between $20-$50 Million in Retail, K-12 or Assisted Living.
- At least 3 years experience as a Project Manager
- Ability to communicate with all employees, sub-contractors, government officials and the public
- Skilled in assembling cost estimates on complex projects
- Willing to travel in the South East
What's on Offer
This is a highly reputable General Contractor that is continuing to grow.
They provide excellent long term career options and a great benefits package.