You are here
Project Manager - Commercial
Washington DC-based design-build general contractor seeking Project Manager
Company offers huge growth potential and ability to have an immediate impact
About Our Client
This 40-person firm is a design-build general contractor that specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, sports compelexs, healthcare, and office interiors. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. If you are looking for a high-quality contractor with excellent benefits and a top-notch work environment, this is for you.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Own and manage all aspects of projects to include client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked.
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with Superintendent to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots
- the Project Manager will be working on around 4-6 projects at a time.
- Typical project value is between $3 and $8million
- You will have a chance to work on some high profile sports projects.
The Successful Applicant
Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Construction Management or related field
- 5+ years experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor (2+ for APM)
- Experience as a Project Manager on restaurant, retail, office interiors, commercial construction projects
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
What's on Offer
- A base salary up to $120k + performance based bonus
- Full benefits (health, dental, 401(k) match, etc.)
- Attractive work/life balance and excellent company culture