You are here
Project Manager / Estimator - Healthcare / Pharma
Seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to lead large complex projects
Opportunity to be second hand / go to man to owners
About Our Client
This reputable family-owned company is seeking a Project Manager with Estimating experience to be their lead Project Manager. A majority of their projects are within the health care and pharma industry. They work on a variety of projects from smaller $5M projects to multi-million dollar complex projects. Being a family owned company - they promote a healthy work/life balance by having a flexible work environment and being able to work remote when needed. The integrity within the culture of the company makes for a very hands on and collaborative environment that makes it a good and easy going place to work.
The Project Manager / Estimator - Healthcare / Pharma will be responsible for:
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submits verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
The Successful Applicant
The Project Manager / Estimator - Healthcare / Pharma candidate should have:
- Bachelors Degree
- Estimating experience
- Ideally health care/pharma experience
- Ideally LEED certified
- Ability to keep projects running on time and under budget
- Management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
What's on Offer
The Project Manager / Estimator - Healthcare / Pharma will receive:
- Very attractive base salary + bonus
- Full benefits
- Profit sharing after 2 years
- Paid vacation / sick time
- Resources to help run the project from the office & remote