You are here
One of the best general contractors in Chicago
Great structured career development
About Our Client
91-year-old, management-owned firm operating exclusively around the northern Illinois markets. Their mission is to build what matters. Whether it is the next their next construction project or your career, they do it by following their beliefs.
- Develop and strengthen client relations.
- Accurately estimates projects from conceptual through construction documents.
- Responsible for overall bidding activities on projects.
- Provide initial schedule for estimating and bidding purpose. Assist Superintendent with detailed construction scheduling as necessary.
- Negotiate, award, write and enforce contracts.
- Review with Superintendent project costs to ensure project is kept within budget.
- Ensure compliance with bond and insurance requirements.
- Maintain Subcontractor relations. Assist with conflict resolution.
- Coordinate office departments support as required for project needs.
- Coordinate all close-out activities on a timely basis.
- Perform additional assignments per clients or managements direction.
The Successful Applicant
Four year construction-related degree or equivalent
Extensive (7+ years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.
Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
What's on Offer
- Great career progression
- competitive base salary
- Structured career development
- Grow within the company
- Bonus Plan anywhere from 5-25%
- Great benefits plan