You are here
Real Estate Firm Seeking a Property Accountant
Location in Midtown
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading companies in real estate focusing on mixed use properties as well as retail developments.
- Responsible for general accounting functions for multiple commercial properties within our portfolio.
- Performing monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings of general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Preparing all work papers and variance analyses for assigned properties.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as required by specific management or lender agreements.
- Preparing straight-line schedules pursuant to lease agreements.
- Preparing amortization schedules pursuant to loan agreements.
- Reviewing expense funding requests and all invoices for proper GL classification and sufficient supports.
- Reviewing annual operating expense/CAM reconciliations.
- Reviewing annual property budgets.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience with commercial or residential property accounting.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Good knowledge of GAAP.
- CAM escalation experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete accounting projects.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast paces environment.
- Excellent time management, analytic, written and verbal communication skills is a must.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits on offer