You are here
Commercial and industrial development firm with a brand new HQ in Houston
Opportunity to join a growing full cycle real estate firm
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a full cycle Real Estate Investment, Development and property management firm with a significant portfolio of Commercial, industrial and Office asset throughout Houston. Based out of their brand new US HQ in Houston, TX our client is seeking a highly experienced accounting professional with a strong background in real estate accounting and finance to join their growing team as a Senior Property Accountant.
The successful Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for performing general accounting functions for the firms growing portfolio of commercial and industrial real estate. Alongside this your daily roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Bank Reconciliation and analysis of accounts
- Full Cycle Accounting AP, AR, GL and forecasting
- Liaise with Property managers, Developers and Acquisition professionals throughout USA>
- Posting and preparing journal entries
- Perform month end close procedures
- Perform Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly financial reporting and presentations to senior team leaders and Board of directors.
- Maintaining balance sheet schedules for utilization in overall financial and company reports
- Assist auditors in performing year-end audits of financial statements and asset portfolios.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Property Accountant must have strong real estate experience ideally with work experience and knowledge of Commercial, Office, industrial and or mixed use Assets as well as good GAAP, GL, AP, AR and general accounting experience. Alongside this you must possess:
- Degree in Accounting and / or Finance
- Property Accounting experience
- Experience within Commercial, Industrial, Office and or Mixed use assets
- 3 - 7 years of work experience (Real estate ideally)
- Able to work with, apply and follow GAAP
- Strong Cash management, forecasting and planning experience
- read, interpret and present financial statements
What's on Offer
In return my client are offering a fantastic benefits package consisting of a competitive salary, market leading bonus structure, 401k, health and dental care.