You are here
Great opportunity to join a growing team
Leading property management company in the NYC area
About Our Client
Leading real estate management company in the Manhattan area is seeking a talented Property Manager, for fast paced luxury apartment community with minimum 5 years' experience in multi-family property management. Individual must demonstrate and have the following qualifications.
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners' best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures.
- Ability to handle a faced paced environment with skill set that can easily adapt to changes.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., weekly reporting, rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, marketing audits, etc.).
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that Accounting invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and financial related transactions in a timely manner.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity per budgeted occupancy expectations.
- Utilize marketing strategies to maximize traffic and leasing conversion activity.
- Monitor and hold leasing staff accountable to deliver leasing techniques that will result in conversions that meet the company expectations.
- Stay abreast of market competitor pricing, concessions, services and trending and communicate opportunities and threats.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to property management software system accurately and timely.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Timely and thoughtful responsiveness when handling community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Handle resident concerns and requests in a timely manner to promote resident satisfaction and resolution.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Proven track record with team building and promoting a positive work environment that consistently meets or exceeds targeted goals.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure necessary repairs/service requests and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments available at all times.
- Ensure tour route, models and market ready apartments are walked daily.
- Oversee that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
The Successful Applicant
- Position requires a minimum of 4 years of industry experience and at least 2 years as a Property Manager on-site.
- College degree preferred.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as events and staffing require to optimize operations.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively express ideas to senior management.
- Comply with all Federal and Local Fair Housing laws and rules.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
What's on Offer
Attractive Base + Bonus + Benefits
Headquarters in New York City