You are here
Purchasing Agent- Commercial Construction
Purchasing position with well-respected general contractor in Frederick
Chance to join a high-performing pre-construction team and fast-track career
About Our Client
For over 60 years, this well- respected general contractor has been growing its presence in the Frederick area. The company does a wide variety of commercial work, including education, medical, retail, and hotels, consisting of both ground-up work as well as renovations. The company excels at delivering top-quality work, winning multiple excellence in construction awards for the past few years, while at the same time remaining an employee-focused company.
Purchasing Agent Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with regionally-focused pool of qualified subcontractors
- Creating and documenting the Purchase Scope on commercial construction projects
- Expediting the purchasing and buy-out processes on projects
- Identifying and taking advantage of opportunities to enhance project profit margins through strategic purchasing; coordinating the development and execution of legally binding contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Communicating and collaborating with members of management and staff within the Group and throughout the company
- Adhering to all Group and company safety, operations and regulatory compliance policies, practices and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
Purchasing Agent Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 3+ years purchasing experience with a commercial construction company
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the purchasing and estimating functions within a commercial general contracts construction company
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Drive to achieve and produce results on time
What's on Offer
Position offers highly competitive salary & benefits package including top-notch healthcare, 401(k) matching, flexible work hours, and a chance to be part of an excellent team. Interested in learning more? Submit your resume now.