You are here
Purchasing Manager - Electronics
Seeking Purchasing Manager with experience in Electronics as a commodity
Direct materials experience is a must
About Our Client
Our client is a medium size manufacturer of electronic components. Since the company's establishment they have grown into one of the world's most respected players in the industry.
The Commodity Manager is responsible for all activities related to assigned suppliers/parts. The person in this role will work with relevant business partners to develop and drive a technology road-map, align business requirements with supplier capabilities and ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Negotiate yearly agreements with suppliers for selected commodities ensuring price improvements, low inventory exposure and quick turn fulfillment
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet product expectations, technical requirements, and business objectives
- Interface with Engineering, Planning and Sales to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Develop a commodity technology road-map and sourcing plan, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Recommend strategic sourcing plan based on business analysis of the market and product road-maps relative to supplier capabilities and forward looking technology advancements
- Manage supplier contracts and agreements to meet the specific needs of the business and ensure service continuity and mitigating service/business risks
- Negotiate and drive cost improvements for assigned commodities
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience supporting manufacturing operations
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
- Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with team members and suppliers
- Extensive negotiation experience with suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Knowledge of contracts; understanding of key contracting terms and how to negotiate for them
Apply today to be considered! All qualified candidates will receive a call for further discussion.
What's on Offer
- $75,000-85,000 compensation
- Opportunity for growth
- High exposure and high impact role
Both Michael Page and our client are equal opportunity employers.