You are here
Purchasing Manager, Indirect Procurement - Consumer Goods
USD125,000 - USD135,000
- Looking for a Marketing Category Manager for our client in the FMCG industry
- Must be able to commute to downtown Boston
About Our Client
Our client in the consumer goods industry with headquarters in Boston, MA is one of America's leading brewers of handcrafted, full-flavored beers.
The Purchasing Manager for Indirect Spend will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Drives the development of new products, programs, and services as business needs dictate.
- Develops sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning (e.g., second sourcing.)
- Assess and understand forecasting methodology used in BBC to develop appropriate purchasing strategy to minimize cost of potential errors.
- Strategically sources suppliers for development and roll-out using the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Works with internal business partners and suppliers to develop specifications, drawings, and statements of work
- Develops and executes negotiation strategy; responsible for driving final contract negotiations and implementation while ensuring appropriate levels of management engagement and approval.
- Performs Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis.
- Incorporates value engineering principles into sourcing activities.
- Supports supplier business reviews to drive continuous improvement.
- Proactively drives and manages strategic relationships with suppliers and business partners to support current and future requirements.
- Assesses and understands the financial and strategic impact of new and existing business initiatives (i.e. Media Optimization, Capital Project ROI, etc.).
- Identifies supply base issues, analyzes information to assess root cause, improvement opportunities and associated risk.
- Develops solutions and gains consensus in resolving issues or mitigating supply base risks.
- Educates business partners and team members on the intricacies of total cost management and the importance of each component.
- Aware of the importance of timing, politics, and group processes.
- Project trends and visualizes possible and probable futures and their implications.
- Accomplishes goals through strong business acumen, analytical processes, constant follow-up and accountability.
- Is aware of the business environment at all points of the distribution process. (Consumer, retailer, distributor, supplier).
- Ability to assess alternatives in terms of their financial, psychological, and strategic advantages and disadvantages.
- Analyzes supply chain flow, identifies bottlenecks, problem areas, and critical control points and drives/influences innovative solutions.
- Leads new system and process initiatives cross-functionally to increase the value delivered by procurement (e.g., lean, value engineering, etc.).
- Identifies and executes total cost savings across the supply chain.
- Leads internal business partners and suppliers to create an efficient integrated supply chain on a national scale.
- Researches, evaluates, develops, and implements leading edge supplier management tools and techniques.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- APICS or ISM certification desired
- 8-10 years in Indirect Buying, Contract Negotiations, Supplier Management, and/or Project Management experience
- 8-10 years with Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, and/or Inventory Management experiences years Cross-functional Team Management Experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- On-site parking
- 1/2 day Fridays
- Flexible time off