You are here
Purchasing Manager - Ventura County
5+ years of experience in sourcing within a manufacturing environment
Bachelor's Degree preferred
About Our Client
Our client has been leading the homeopathic industry for over 20+ years. They focus on providing pure natural health solutions to people around the world. They are committed to health and wellness and have created a trusted brand in the natural health and wellness industry.
- Coordinate and work with quality, production, and packaging operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery (from material sourcing through customer distribution) by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company's business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries, or gaps in availability (Yearly Harvest Times - Market Forces).
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within a design and manufacturing environment
- Cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP, WMS or similar systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- BS degree in business, management or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive salary based on experience and also:
- Vacation/PTO/Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Bonus based on performance