You are here
Opportunity to grow within a stable organisation
Great company culture, family feel, fantastic benefits package.
About Our Client
We are leading distributor of specialty chemicals. We offer a wide range of products to the specialty chemical, flavor and fragrance, personal care, food, pharmaceutical, imaging, water treatment and metal treatment industries, among others.
1. Understand business requirements of Sales Representatives and customers. Execute on these requirements in a timely and efficient manner by negotiating with suppliers to obtain optimal price, delivery and terms.
2. Exercise independent judgment in basic commercial negotiations for individual orders, as appropriate
3. Ensure compliance with procurement and regulatory policies and procedures
4. Process purchase orders for material as required in collaboration with Sales. Manage import/regulatory documents, work with external brokers, freight forwarders, shipping/air companies, and expediting while monitoring stock levels and complying with contractual and regulatory requirements.
5. Manage on-hand inventory to minimize overstock (with zero stock-outs) and increase turns
6. Participate on project teams as requested to provide data and other inputs that may be required for effective category management and sourcing initiatives
7. Actively seek process improvement opportunities. Work collaboratively with colleagues to recommend changes and use best practices to streamline work.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
All candidates must possess a minimum of three years' work experience, including at least one year within the procurement, supply chain, logistics, or accounting fields
The ideal candidate will have five years' experience, including at least three or more years' experience in more than one of the fields listed above
APICS coursework strongly preferred
Experience with Chempax strongly preferred
Lean Six Sigma training highly desirable
Knowledge and Skills
Working knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures, as well as purchasing law
Knowledge of the import and export, logistics, distribution, and/or chemical industries strongly preferred
Strong skills in Excel and MS Office Suite of products
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective telephone presence.
Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities on deadline
Demonstrated ability to think proactively. Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Solid understanding of supply chain principles and ability to translate this knowledge into opportunities for process improvement, enhanced business unit performance, etc.
Strong attention to detail and follow-through. Demonstrated ability to bring projects to successful conclusion within required time frames.
Must have demonstrated abilities in negotiation
Sharp analytical skills, common sense, and solid-problem solving skills
What's on Offer
Hours:Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Must be able to show evidence of authorization to work in the US without employer sponsorship