You are here
Quality Assurance Manager - Food Manufacturing
Food manufacturing client based in Boston, MA
QA Manager role will lead a small team of 2-3
About Our Client
Food manufacturing firm based in Boston, MA that is targeting to quickly hire a Quality Assurance Manager - Food Manufacturing.
What our client is Expecting from the Quality Assurance Manager - Food Manufacturing:
- Champion the Quality programs, processes, and systems to ensure that plant performance meets and/or exceeds company-wide expectations.
- Monitor the pest control program and ensures plant compliance.
- Partner closely with the Production Departments, Corporate Quality Execution Organization, and Corporate Quality Assurance Organization to strengthen the quality process within the facility.
- Lead Production Management in troubleshooting plant quality execution deficiencies, working with technical resources (Technical Services, Quality Assurance, R&D and Product Development) and plant management resources to identify root cause and eliminate recurring quality problems.
- Manage the QA department to ensure the production of consistently wholesome, high-quality products that meet or exceed Customer and Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure quality specifications (food safety, product quality), financial efficiencies, and department safety targets are met or exceeded and investigate ways to improve upon these measurements.
- Train new team members in food safety, personal safety, GMPs, SQF requirements, CCPs, and sanitation requirements.
Tasks and Duties:
- Manage all federal and state regulatory documentation as it relates to food safety, FDA regulations and certifications.
- Perform physical audits of the co-pack manufacturers and third party storage facilities to ensure they are operating within federal, state and our company standards as it relates to food safety and quality.
- Work alongside the operations team to ensure product quality standardization across all production lines.
- Monitor and respond to customer complaints regarding product quality, and work with our supply chain to improve processes in order to further minimize complaints.
- Review of Packaging Nutritional Panels and Ingredient Statements for new and existing products.
- Work alongside upper management to initiate R&D for potential new products which includes determining nutritional values while always remaining in compliance with our brand certifications.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers.
The Successful Applicant
- College degree in Food Science or Related
- 2+ Years of QA Experience
- Sufficient understanding of FDA regulations
- Extensive knowledge of food pathogens
- General knowledge of GMPs
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
What's on Offer
Career Growth Opportunities