You are here
Quality Assurance Manager - Food Manufacturing
Well established food manufacturing company based in Boston, MA
High visibility / high impact role leading a small team
About Our Client
Our client is a well known and well established food manufacturing company located in Boston, MA. They are looking to expand their Quality Assurance team which the Quality Assurance Manager will lead.
The Quality Assurance Manager directs the Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs at the plant. The summary of responsibilities include overseeing Quality Assurance procedures, personnel, related regulatory agency activity, inventory control of products, detecting and correcting out of specification situations, and any other quality and food safety related programs. Additionally, this individual will support other departments by ensuring quality awareness and that regulatory requirements are communicated accordingly.
- Develops and oversees Quality, and related programs to ensure customer expectations and regulatory requirements are met.
- Manages all federal and state regulatory documentation as it relates to food safety, FDA regulations and certifications.
- Ensures incoming ingredients and finished products meet quality requirements and customer specifications.
- Ensures quality performance is performed in a manner which meets or exceeds all company guidelines for a total quality program and successful completion of GFSI audits.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the quality, food safety, and regulatory requirements related to these programs.
- Ensures effective scheduling and spending to meet quality requirements and ensure product meets expectations. Utilizes corrective action and preventative action methods to ensure sustained success.
- Guides and develops cooperative relationships between plant and quality personnel.
- Prepares and maintains written programs and documentation to ensure effective communication of plant programs, procedures, and quality inspection requirements.
- Effectively manages staff to meet business and customer needs and ensures accurate and effective training of necessary personnel.
- Works alongside upper management to initiate R&D for potential new products which includes determining nutritional values while always remaining in compliance with our brand certifications.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Food Science or related field
- Masters degree in Food Science is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a QA/QC role at a food manufacturing company
- General knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.