You are here
Quality Assurance Manager
- Global Leader in Minerals/ Chemicals
- ISO 9000 Representative
About Our Client
Our client is a mid sized Chemicals/ Minerals organziation based in Fairfield County.
* Maintain a Quality Organization at the cutting edge by anticipating and identifying customer needs and priorities and integrating them into the Quality Management System
* Establish goals and objectives that stretch boundaries by detailing specific continuous improvement activities focused on enhancing internal process and test yields
* Interact with Customers and Suppliers to promote external relationships and properly represent the interests of the organization.
* Promote LEAN Enterprise approaches with a quality principled focus that includes Daily Standard Work and continuous disciplined focus on processes.
* Implement the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Use the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
* Communicate customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction. Leadership of the regulatory representative for the water analysis instruments products through a dotted line relationship with division leadership.
* Oversee effective documentation and implementation of the Quality Management System.
* Ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate appropriate performance results.
* Maintain Corrective Action System to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
* Lead the Supplier Quality function to properly assess, measure, and improve the performance of Suppliers performance regardless of location.
* Ensure inclusion of the Quality function into New Product Development activities at all locations to insure the development and launch of new products.
* Create and maintain a Quality-centric and Quality-focused culture .
* Perform all job duties: applicable ISO standards, chemical compliance, regulatory or statutory requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry; similar degree
- Training as ISO 9000 Internal Auditor
- Effective presentation skills to communicate to all levels on issues that include Quality Plans and Quality Management Systems, performance metrics and improvement systems
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, organizational and communications skills. Experience in leading teams in the implementation of quality improvements systems resulting in reduced cost and cycle times with improved quality of products and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a very competitive salary including benefits such as 401K, Bonus, Vacation, etc.