You are here
Quality Assurance Manager
Great opportunity for a Supervisor to take a step up!
Fun, friendly work environment!
About Our Client
This family owned Food Manufacturer has a reputation for using the finest raw ingredients in their finished products. With a long history of stability and success, you are assured a fulfilling career experience. Join this laid back, altruistic environment today!
● Develop, manage and update product food safety / HACCP plans and related documents.
● Supervise and coordinate raw material and packaging inspection processes.
● Document, update and maintain raw material and packaging specifications.
● Manage internal audit and self-inspection processes. Lead internal audit team to ensure compliance to SQF code, and regulatory requirements.Serve as designated PCQI (FSMA) as well as SQF Practitioner for the facility.
● Establish and coordinate supplier approval and scorecard programs.
● Manage and administer company quality and food safety policies and procedures, work with process owners to ensure compliance across all departments.
● Provide leadership in working across teams to promote quality, regulatory and food safety strategies which strive for compliance to the highest industry standards.
● Manage NCR and Quality Hold processes, work with process owners to ensure closure on all issues.
● Coordinate with pest control service operator. Review and follow up on pest control trends and activities
● Develop and manage plant-wide GMP and food safety training programs.
● Manage and maintain mock recall, traceability and crisis management programs.
● Maintain spending within assigned budgetary guidelines.
● Oversee lab testing activities and procedures for finished goods, WIP and raw materials.
● Train new team members in proper procedures, methods, safety and housekeeping. Manage and maintain proficiency of QA lab team members.
● Coordinate and conduct external audits with customer, regulatory or 3rd party auditors
● Work with relevant process owners to ensure follow up for all noted audit observations and findings.
● Document all root causes and corrective actions.
● Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated to co-workers, either verbally or in writing.
The Successful Applicant
● Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Food Science, or Food Safety
● GMP experience
● Minimum of five years working in the food industry
● BRC, IFS, FSSC, or SQF audit experience
● At least three years of experience leading and developing teams
● Experience in either a FDA and/or USDA food manufacturing environment
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Team player attitude
● HACCP, PCQI, SQF certifications/training
● Proficiency in Microsoft Access
● SAP experience
What's on Offer
Salary + bonus
Competitive health benefits package
Opportunity for professional growth
Casual, family-feel environment
Opportunities to give back to the community