You are here
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Food Manufacturing
Well established food manufacturing company based in Boston, MA
Great opportunity for career advancement
About Our Client
Our client is a well known and well established food manufacturing company located in Boston, MA.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is accountable for providing leadership and oversight to the Quality functions at the plant in order to assure product conformance to specification as well as compliance to company Quality and Food Safety standards and compliance to regulatory requirements. This individual will assist the Quality Assurance Manager and provide direct supervision for the coordination and maintenance of all company Quality and Food Safety standards.
- Demonstrates ownership and practical knowledge of all applicable QA and Regulatory programs and applies them throughout daily responsibilities to make sound decisions and execute quality oversight.
- Works to prevent process or product failures. Focuses on continuous improvement of product quality through attention to process details and specifications with organized activities, including Operations and Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the quality, food safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Trains employees in quality functions, daily product shows, being current on specs and updating operations, monitors giveaway and yields for opportunities.
- Required to conduct operational and pre-operational sanitation inspections, including micro sampling, to verify the effectiveness of sanitation activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Food Science or related field
- Masters degree in Food Science is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a QA/QC role at a food manufacturing company
- General knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.