You are here
Quality Control Manager
Leading aerospace manufacturing company located near Manchester, CT
Looking to hire a Quality Manager with AS 9100 implementation experience
About Our Client
A leading aerospace manufacturing company located near the Manchester, CT area.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for assisting inspectors with day-to-day activities, and interacting with Production Managers to resolve quality-related production problems. Other responsibilities will include -
Define the Test Process and create/update Production Documentation.
Responsible for all aspects of the Test Process including Tooling, written instructions and all Process Documentation.
Work with Product Engineering and Test area personnel to develop efficient methods for testing product. Design or specify test equipment as required.
Maintain and complete all required Test Engineering documentation including process sheets, engineering changes, and non-conformance documentation.
Identify cost-savings and quality improvement projects in assigned areas and move them from concept to implementation.
Lead and manage the resolution of customer problems, and implement corrective actions that resolve the root cause in the identified product and similar products
Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
Lead electromechanical troubleshooting of Product, Test Stand and support equipment. Participate in reviews and investigation of component failures.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Quality Manager position will have the following experience and skillset -
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Electro-Mechanical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical or electronic equipment manufacturing, preferably serving both the commercial and aerospace markets
- Minimum of 2 years in a Quality Control Manager role supervising staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of electrical conductivity and thermal properties of epoxies and metals a plus
- Experience with first article approval
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, great benefits and opportunities for career progression!