You are here
QUALITY ENGINEER - FOOD MANUFACTURING
Multibillion-dollar Food Manufacturer!
Unlimited opportunities for professional growth!
About Our Client
Privately held, multi-national frozen food manufacturer - customers include stores, schools, restaurants, direct to consumer. Focused on providing, healthy, USDA approved foods across the world.
- Supervise testing procedures to ensure that analysis methods are accurately followed.
- Establish and maintain a systematic sampling of in- process and finished product using acceptable techniques.
- Assure daily monitoring of information and provide technical expertise in troubleshooting product quality and food safety issues.
- Keep records of all tests performed and provides management with copies of test records.
- Develop ability to utilize and master plant systems (e.g. InfinityQS, HACCP, etc.) to execute against this.
- Coordinate and facilitate training for all employees in the areas of HACCP, GMPs, food regulations, and quality system execution (e.g. InfinityQS, GMPs, etc.).
- Monitor established programs for incoming raw ingredients in the areas of product rotation, sampling, frequency sample testing, and reporting of data to management to assure conformance to specifications.
- Follow up with suppliers and/or buyers to ensure corrective action is taken and monitor programs to ensure compliance to finished good specifications.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Food Science or equivalent. (Masters degree preferred.)
- 3+ years related experience (Quality Engineering with Six Sigma Green Belt experience preferred)
- Good knowledge of statistics and statistical process control (SPC)
- Understanding of the manufacturing environment and basic production operation
- Must be detail oriented take initiative and able to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of food safety HACCP and basic food regulatory requirements
What's on Offer
Employee profit sharing.
Generous PTO scheme.