You are here
A rapidly growing Aerospace company located in central Connecticut
In search of Quality Engineer to implement lean manufacturing processes
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing Aerospace company looking to add some exceptional talent during this exciting time!
The Quality Engineer will have the following general/daily responsibilities:
- Ability to read and understand, mechanical drawings, specifications, Bills of Materials, etc.
- Drive acceptable incoming quality levels to support manufacturing, cost, capacity and on-time delivery goals
- Perform Certification Audits of potential new suppliers and conduct periodic surveillance audits at existing suppliers
- Track Supplier Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Drive scrap reduction and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Evaluation of customer complaints.
- Review and disposition of all internal non-conformance findings.
- Perform root cause analysis on all confirmed complaints, claims, and nonconforming material.
- Develop effective corrective action plans to eliminate the root causes of discrepancies.
- Develop effective preventive action plans to ensure that known issues don't recur, or occur in similar situations.
- Perform surveillance, source inspections, and first article inspections
- Witness and validate acceptance, qualification, interchangeability, configuration and compatibility tests
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Quality Engineer position will have the following experience and background:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience working with AS9100 quality standards
- Experience working in an machining environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point as well as software and hardware tools required to accomplish day-to-day work activities.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, really great benefits and growth opportunities within a world-class organization!