You are here
Excellent opportunity to work at a growing, stable, national company.
Flexible hours, competitive salry, excellent work life ballance
About Our Client
$1 billion company providing high technology products and services.
With nearly 200 branches and major regional distribution centers and over 35 years in the business, we are one of North America's largest industrial distributors. We provide a wide range of products and systems related to bearings, mechanical and electrical power transmission, automation & control, material handling, and fluid power for the MRO and OEM markets.
The major functions of a Quality Engineer include:
- Define the methods, equipment, and gauging necessary to be able to measure key process parameters and customer expectations.
- Use statistical tools (such as SPC) and data analysis techniques combined with routine auditing of the key process parameters to maintain requirements and find ways of improving the process wherever possible.
- Investigate the data collected from the process to define any weakness in the current system and develop ways to continually improve the system to minimize variation and waste.
- Update work instructions and provide training of the operators/inspectors to ensure that process parameters are being met and that everyone in the process understands their roles and requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Lead root cause investigations on any internal or external non-conformances. This may include 8D,
- 5 Why, DOE, or other similar methodologies to find the true root cause of problem.
- Be able to take charge in putting together meetings and/or workshops to determine the causes that lead to the problem/complaint and find effective measures to prevent recurrence of the issue.
- Must have prior experience in a manufacturing (job shop) environment preferably having working knowledge of multi-axis machines, grinders, CNC type of lathes and milling machines, and bagging equipment.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineers to develop solid corrective actions to eliminate the non-conformance identified. (Corrective actions must include some mistake proofing to prevent recurrence.)
- Work pro-actively on the prevention of non-conformances and product variation using tools such as SPC and Poka-Yoke systems and have the ability to introduce these into the process and monitor results for effectiveness.
- Monitor key process parameters (such as rework and scrap) to isolate problem areas and correct the potential for escapes and waste prior to it happening.
- Work well in a team environment but have the ability to work independently when required.
- Strong communication skills using verbal, written, or electronic media. Have the ability to design and explain concepts and requirements to those with less training and background.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Engineering or Quality.
5 years of experience in a Manufacturing/Quality function. Experience in a Job Shop environment.
What's on Offer
KNOWLEDGE ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION:
Microsoft Office skills
Attention to detail
Minitab or other statistical software and electronic data collection systems
Capability Studies and Gage Analysis (basic to strong understanding)
Production equipment experience
Communication (speaking, questioning, listening)
Use precision instruments, including coordinate measuring machines