You are here
Food & Beverage Production
Hands-on Manufacturing Environment
About Our Client
My client is a world-leading company that operates food & beverage manufacturing facilities, which employ more than 1,500 associates across the USA. This position is located in the Chicago area.
1. Leads process improvement efforts.
2. Guides raw ingredient & packaging material analysis by coordinating incoming inspection programs.
3. Responsible for ingredient handling & storage compliance.
4. Leads root cause corrective action work with supply chain.
5. Initiates & leads corrective actions & pro-active plans using SPC tools.
6. Provides training & coaching to quality staff & production employees in the areas of GMP, analytical testing, lab practices, auditing, & SPC.
7. Supports plant management staff as needed to coordinate technical change control.
8. Coordinates internal & external customer/company audit requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science or related field
- Minimum of two years experience with food/beverage quality systems
- Broad set of quality engineering skills, including statistical process control (SPC), failure mode effect analysis (FMEA), process capability studies, & developing sampling plans
- Effective problem solving skills & good communications skills are required
- ASQ CQE a plus
- HACCP knowledge & certification preferred
What's on Offer
Position includes base salary dependent on experience, plus an annual performance bonus.
Full healthcare benefits on offer, with additional fringe benefits + PTO & vacation time.