You are here
A leading power electronics manufacturing company located near Parsippany, NJ
In search of an experienced Quality Engineer to join their growing team
About Our Client
A leading power electronics manufacturing company located near the Parsippany, NJ area!
The Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and coordinate quality assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Work closely with sustaining and new product development engineering teams to develop PFMEA, Inspection, Test, and control plans for new and existing products for both in-house operations and purchased components.
- Perform First Article Inspections to support new product development and sourcing initiatives.
- Assist the Production Manager in compiling and evaluating quality data to reduce manufacturing errors.
- Responsible for improving the quality process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing processes transforming quality assurance from a predominantly inspection based function, to a function that defines processes, monitors and identifies "out of tolerance" process conditions, and defines root causes of "out of tolerance" conditions.
- Manages and maintains the integrity of the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Responsible for the training and daily supervision of all Quality Inspectors.
- Maintain and engage calibration system to a level consistent to pass audits.
- Maintain records and provide historical data to various groups within the company to enhance product design, quality systems, and manufacturing processes to improve product safety and overall customer satisfaction with company products and services.
- Document quality systems and write procedures of various types with input from affected functions; promote conformity with established systems and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements and general operational efficiency.
- Know and interpret the ISO standard to foster understanding of the requirements by all departments within the company as required to successfully maintain ISO certification and transition to ISO 9001:2015.
- Administer the internal ISO audit function of the company to ensure our systems meet the requirements and that actual practice conforms to documented procedures.
- Initiate corrective and preventive actions as required and ensure actions taken are effective.
- Write and manage Product Performance Inquiry Reports for customer returns and manage quality return process.
- Communicate and work with vendors to resolve quality concerns as they arise.
- Maintain quality awareness program and training for the factory and office personnel.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Quality Engineer position will have the following background and experience:
- BS, Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in driving change/process improvement with 5 or more years of hands on experience implementing Quality Manufacturing processes and ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO 9001:2015 QMS systems.
- Experience working in an Electronics Manufacturing/Assembly environment preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must be PC literate with exceptional organizational, coaching and communication skills.
- A fluent understanding of lean tools and concepts is a plus.
- A continuous improvement mindset is critical.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, great benefits and unlimited opportunities to progress your career within a world-class organization!