You are here
Leading electronics manufacturing company located near the Hartford, CT area
Hiring a Quality Manager to lead the company ISO certification
About Our Client
A leading electronics manufacturing company located near the Hartford, CT area!
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the following -
- Responsible for development and implementation of activities that support "end to end" plant/corporate quality objectives.
- Set annual and long-term strategic vision for Company quality initiatives.
- Develop policy and procedures to support business goals.
- Prioritize and monitor the activities of Quality Department personnel that support plant objectives to ensure they are in alignment with the critical activities supporting plant objectives.
- Follow up and prioritize as needed by the plant. Analyze quality data and report results in terms of impact to the plant objectives and continuous improvement.
- Utilize quality tools to eliminate waste.
- Assure QA department is responsive to plant and corporate needs.
- Manage union represented personnel in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, with support from Human Resources as needed.
- Assure the requirements of the quality management system are maintained within the requirements of ISO.
- Include the quality reporting, corrective/preventive actions, Internal Auditing System and customer complaint tracking.
- Deploy standardized, formal problem solving tools (A3, 8D, "5 Whys") and provide training to all appropriate individuals.
- Use problem solving tools as standard work in determining root cause analysis and short/long term preventative actions.
- Responsible for interfacing with suppliers and Customer Service as it relates to supplied parts and customer complaints.
- Interface with New Product Development and Plant Project Leaders to ensure the activities related to new products coming to the site meet the project plan.
- Assure the Document Control System is maintained to support plant requirements.
- Conduct analysis of manufacturing processes for improvement.
- Ensure clear and timely communication with support personnel and senior management with regards to quality issues and corrective actions.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Quality Manager position will have the following background and experience -
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Masters Degree highly preferred) ideally associated with a discipline related to Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
Experience: 5-10 years of experience in a quality leadership role, in a "high rate" manufacturing environment, ideally for a major global industrial corporation.
- Proven track record in high rate manufacturing environments of leading the quality efforts for major businesses/corporations, with demonstrated tangible improved results that positively impacted business efficiencies and costs.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software.
- Ability to use the internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions.
- Must have demonstrated statistical analysis capabilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence and be comfortable presenting such to senior leadership and key customers.
- Must have a strong executive presence.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.
- Provides leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
- Must be able to manage staff members.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, promotional and salary recommendations, coaching and developing talent, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Must be able to coach, train and develop team members.
- Establishes and maintains employee performance standards.
- Works with employees to set goals and define development needs.
- Provides ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation packages, great benefits and opportunities for career progression within a growing organization!