You are here
A leading industrial electronics manufacturing company
Looking to add a highly technical Quality Manager to their team
About Our Client
A leading industrial electronics manufacturing company located near the Middletown, CT area!
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the following -
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Develop and manage the quality assurance program.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Facilitate implementation of process control systems and statistical process control charts.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing, inspection criteria and procedures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Manages workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the quality department programs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- In addition responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Quality Manager position will have the following background and experience -
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, trigonometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Knowledge of laboratory principals and methods of data collection.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Manufacturing software and Engineering systems.
- Quality Certifications preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package, great benefits and opportunities for career progression!