You are here
Real Estate Accountant
A $250M Social Service Organization
Seeking a Real Estate Accountant to oversee their accounting for HUD prorgams
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Our client provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst their culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to staff development help to ensure your success.
- Analyze Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis, prepare related schedules
- Prepare, post monthly journal entries (fixed assets, interest expense, accruals etc)
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial statements for LPs
- Play an important role in monthly, quarterly and year-end closings
- Assist with year-end audits
- Liaise with banks, prepare Bank Reconciliation, custody of all bank information, prepare wires, stop payments, ACH reports, return items, make related Journal Entries, etc.
- Liaise with lenders, reconcile, pay loans and prepare compliance loan covenant reports for lenders, borrowing base certificates, interest accruals and other related journals, etc.
- Preparation of the budget
- Maintain tight control of accounting records
- Responsible for monthly General Ledger clean up
- Responsible for on-going projects as needed
The Successful Applicant
- Education - Bachelor's Degree (Accounting or Finance degree preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Sr. Accountant with emphasis on financial analysis, and compilation of Financial Statements preferably in a Real Estate environment.
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods and practices of bookkeeping and financial record keeping and proven ability to conduct moderately complex accounting functions.
- Must have knowledge of Excel, Yardi or other real estate accounting systems
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience