You are here
Real Estate Development Analyst/Associate
- Join a Houston Developer supporting a truly unique project portfolio
- Exposure to executives both internal and external - upward mobility
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned real estate development and investment firm whose main objective is simple: develop world class properties that make a positive impact on the Houston economy. The firm has the freedom of a family run private developer and has a long term strategy in place to ensure a lasting legacy!
Newly created Real Estate Development Analyst/Associate will perform detailed financial analysis and modeling for development opportunities across several asset types: office, residential, hotel, retail and mixed-use real estate. The Real Estate Development Analyst will perform property level strategic planning, quarterly and annual budgeting and reforecasts, and provide oversight of third-party operating partners and leasing teams. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain and run financial models using excel or Argus, use conclusions to help decision support of senior executive team.
- Analyze and review leases, operating statements, development budgets etc.
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Manage and coordinate JV proposals, letters of intent (LOI), leases and P&S agreements. Assist in deal structuring and related underwriting.
- Update and complete various reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, etc.)
- Prepare and present reporting to executives including the President and Head of Development.
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree required with at least 2 years of relevant real estate finance/development experience. For Associate level our client would expect at least 5-7 years of experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and Excel modeling capabilities; exposure to ARGUS a plus.
- Strong finance fundamentals including, DCF, waterfalls, IRR etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and real estate investments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - able to go in front of executives, lenders, investors, JV partners, civic organizations etc.
What's on Offer
For the Analyst level our client is targeting a salary in the $65,000 - $75,000 range. For the Associate level the salary will be commensurate with additional experience/responsibilities. Excellent bonus tied to project performance. This is a rare and unique opportunity - don't miss out and regardless of your current compensation, please apply for consideration!